Green Shield Environmental Awarded UKAS Accreditation
Green Shield Environmental (GSE) is delighted to have been awarded the prestigious ISO/IEC 17020 for asbestos surveying and management by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), the internationally recognised standard that sets out the requirements for organisations performing inspection.
UKAS Accreditation to ISO 17020 reinforces GSE’s position as a high quality and trusted partner that consistently invests in knowledge and management systems to bring superior service to its clients. Becoming accredited as an Asbestos Inspection Body is part of GSE commitment in providing confidence to its clients that the company will continue to deliver services to the highest possible quality standards.
UKAS Accreditation is a rigorous and continuous process of assessment that aims to establish that the company fulfils the following criteria amongst others
- Employs technically competent and experienced staff that are routinely trained and monitored
- Has allocated appropriate resources, facilities and management structure to deliver a quality service
- Performs to the required regulatory and industry standards
- Is independent and impartial and has safeguards to ensure integrity of our findings and recommendations
The scope of GSE’s accreditation covers the following services in all domestic, commercial and industrial premises:
- Asbestos Management survey
- Refurbishment survey
- Demolition survey
- Re-inspection of identified or suspected asbestos containing material in surveyed premises